Nothing can banish a bad mood quicker than laughter. It is infectious and once you let it in, it can transform your day and outlook. Laughter offers more benefits then you might think, it can provide benefits to our physical, emotional and social health
|Physical Benefits||Emotional Benefits||Social Benefits|
How to increase laughter and joy within your life:
- Share one funny thing from your day with a loved one. Knowing you have to share something, will keep you looking around throughout the day for opportunities to
- Seek out the humor in situations. Take a lesson from Patch Adams, laughter can be the best form of medicine.
- Surround yourself with people that make you laugh. This people will help you find humor and being joy into your life. We are naturally attracted to those who lighten our day.
- Seek humor in conversations: ask others what makes them laugh. Tell a joke or a funny story. Research has show that not only does humor strengthen relationships but it makes individuals more attractive to the opposite sex.
- Laugh at yourself! You are probably funnier than you think you are. Stay relaxed and don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Fake it till you make it. By simply putting a smile on your face, it’s very hard to resist smiling inside as well. You might find others smiling back at you as well.
Need a quick laugh? Check out this funny video called Stuff Dieters Say
Check out our Laughter Is the Best Medicine board on Hilton Head Heath’s Pinterest page!