Turkey Day Recipe Countdown: Green Bean Casserole
8 cups Green beans, cleaned and cut into 1 inch pieces
2 cups Cream of mushroom soup (Healthy Request) or H3 Cream sauce
1 cup Skim milk
½ teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Onion powder
1 cup Panko crumbs (Japanese bread crumbs)
2 Tablespoon Parsley, fresh, washed, chopped fine
1 Tablespoon Butter, unsalted
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Place all cut green beans in mixing bowl.
- In smaller sauce pan, warm H3 cream sauce or healthy request soup and add skim milk or soy milk.
- Warm sauce and season with salt, pepper and onion powder.
- Lightly spray a 9×9 casserole dish with pan spray.
- Then add cut green beans to casserole dish.
- Pour “cream” mixture over green beans.
- Wrap casserole dish with plastic wrap and foil, and bake for about 20 minutes.
- In another bowl, melt butter and mix with panko crumbs and fresh chopped parsley.
- After casserole has cooked for 20 minutes, sprinkle panko mixture over the top of casserole for an added crunch and color
- Bake in oven for about 15 minutes or until panko crust is golden brown
Number of servings: 9
Serving size: 1/9 of pan
Calories: 80 calories
Fat grams: 3