The Vegetarian Burrito
by Hilton Head Health Executive Chef Hicham Elmadi
It’s time to share another recipe from our True* dining menu! Get your tastebuds ready for one of the best burrito recipes you’ll ever taste, the Vegetarian Burrito. Don’t be fooled by the name, you don’t have to be a vegetarian to love it. It has the perfect mix of vegetables, plant based protein and flavorful ingredients to entice anyone.
1 each Flatbread
2 tablespoons Cilantro Lime Cashew Sauce
¼ cup Black Bean Puree
¼ cup Quinoa, red, cooked
3 ounces Kale, chopped
1 tablespoon Jalapeno, minced
2 teaspoons Chili powder
1 tablespoon Cilantro, finely chopped
¼ teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Olive oil
- Prepare Cashew sauce and Black Bean puree and set aside.
- Massage kale with jalapeno, chili powder, cilantro, salt and olive oil. Set aside.
- Assemble each burrito by spreading black bean puree first and then the cooked quinoa.
- Arrange kale mixture at the bottom half of the burrito and roll sides in tight.
- Serve sliced in half with 2 tablespoons cashew sauce and a side salad with citrus vinaigrette.
Serving Size: 1 wrap (with side)
Fat Grams: 7 grams
Protein: 14 grams
Want to add a few more meatleass recipes to your weekly meal plan? Find all the best veggie recipes right here on our blog!