Skinny Cinnamon Appletini
by Anthony Triceri
It’s the holiday season, you’re eating mindfully and sticking to your exercise regimen but you’re in the mood to unwind with a nice, light cocktail with a touch of spice. The H3 Healthy Kitchen Skinny Cinnamon Appletini is the perfect low-calorie drink to treat yourself but still hold True* to your new, healthy lifestyle.
1.5 ounce Apple Soaked Vodka (see: Bartender’s Note)
½ tablespoon Calvados (apple brandy)
½ teaspoon Brown Sugar Simple Syrup
1.5 ounce Apple Cider
(Bartender’s Note: To make the apple soaked vodka, dice 3 large apples and soak in vodka overnight)
¼ cup Brown Sugar
½ cup Water
1 each Vanilla Bean
1 each Cinnamon Stick
- To make the simple syrup: Combine brown sugar, water, vanilla bean, and cinnamon stick in a small sauce pot.
- Heat sauce pot at a medium temperature, slowly bring to a simmer, and cook until sugar dissolves for about 5-7 minutes
- Allow syrup to cool then strain
- To assemble the cocktail: Combine vodka, calvados, simple syrup, and cider in a glass shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously!
- Strain and serve in a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a sliced apple skewered cinnamon stick.
Fat: 0 grams