Kale and Blueberry Smoothie
by H3 Healthy Kitchen Assistant Chef Carrie Adams
For St. Patrick’s Day, the H3 Healthy Kitchen has the perfect recipe to help you start off your day with something healthy and green like our Kale and Blueberry Smoothie. Packed with kale, antioxidant rich berries and protien powder. It’s the pefectly sweet, protein packed punch to get you fueled for St. Patty’s Day.
1 cup Kale, rough chopped
1 pint Blueberries
2 each Strawberries, quartered
1 cup Almond milk, unsweetened
1 Tablespoon Protein powder
1/3 cup Plain yogurt, non-fat
- Place all ingredients in the blender.
- Blend until smooth or desired texture is achieved.
Chef’s Note: For a more slushy-like consistency, freeze the berries before blending.
Serving Size: ½ cup (4 ounce) serving
Fat: 0.5 grams
Sodium: 35 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
As you’re gearing up for the festivities, try these tricks to add some mindfulness into your St. Patty’s Day:
- Park a little farther away from your party destination, so you have the opportunity to add some extra steps.
- Going to a pot luck or buffet style restaurant with friends? Scan all your choices and then, choose healthier options, first.
- When deciding to indulge with dessert, slow down to really savor what you’re eating.
- If you do drink, drink in moderation and choose drinks without excess sugar and calories.
- If there’s music, dance! Get moving and get your heart rate up, plus, you’ll have a lot more fun!