Healthy Recipes: No-bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
It is far too hot outside to start the oven. Try these No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies; they will melt in your mouth.
3/4 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Peanut butter, creamy
1/4 cup Cocoa powder
1/4 cup Skim milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
1 tablespoon Instant espresso
3 cups Oats, quick cooking
1/4 cup Coconut, sweetened
- In medium saucepot, warm milk over medium heat. add instant espresso and allow the espresso to dissolve. (This process can also be done in the microwave.)
- Once the espresso has dissolved add sugar, peanut butter, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Continue to cook the chocolate mixture over medium heat. Warm until the sugar has dissolved or become less grainy. Continue to stir until done.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, remove the saucepot from heat and add the oats and coconut.
- Stir the mixture.
- When the mixture is still hot, scoop 3/4 ounce of “dough” on parchment paper.
- Allow mixture to cool at room temperature.
- Once the “dough” has set, it will hold its shape.
Serves: 25 cookies
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
Sodium: 30 milligrams
Fiber: 3 grams
Protein: 2 grams