Healthy Recipes: Blackberry Cobbler
1 1/4 cups Flour
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
2 teaspoons Baking Soda
½ teaspoon Cinnamon
¼ teaspoon Salt
1/4 cup Butter,
1/2 cup Non-Fat buttermilk
3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
2 Tablespoon Cornstarch
1 cup Water
6 cups Blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, flour, butter, buttermilk, spices, baking soda and salt.
- Mix until butter is evenly distributed.
- In a medium sauce pot, mix sugar and cornstarch.
- Add water and cook until you have made sugar syrup. (About 5 minutes.)
- Place blackberries in a medium size Pyrex dish then pour sugar syrup over blackberries.
- Then place cobbler mixture over the top.
- Bake in oven for about 30-45 minutes.
- Serve warm with your favorite low calorie ice cream.