Healthy Recipe: Spinach Pernod Shrimp Dip
Pernod is the brand name of a type of liqueur called a pastis. The leading characteristic of this drink is its licorice flavor, which is produced either with licorice (the plant, not the candy) or anise.
1 T. Butter, unsalted
½ cup Minced shallots or green onions
2 tsp. Minced garlic
¼ cup Pernod
8 cups Baby spinach, fresh, cleaned and chopped
1 cupSmall shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
2 oz. Fat free cream cheese
½ cup Skim milk
¼ cup Shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat up large sauté pan to medium low.
- Add butter.
- Add shallots or onion and garlic and sauté until soft.
- Deglaze the pan with Pernod.
- Add chopped spinach and stir to wilt.
- Stir in shrimp, cream cheese and skim milk.
- Place mixture in small casserole and top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake until parmesan has a golden color.
- Serve warm with pita chips.
SERVINGS 6; SERVING SIZE ¼ cup; CALORIES 60kcal; FAT 3gm