Healthy Recipe: COCONUT MACAROONS
1 Egg white
1 T. Sugar
¼ tsp. Vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. Almond extract
¾ c. Sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Lightly spray baking sheet with pan spray
- Separate egg, and use egg white only, place in medium sized bowl or stand mixer bowl with whip attachment.
- On high speed with an electric mixer or stand mixer whip egg white, slowly add sugar as the egg is whipping.
- Egg white mixture will form stiff peaks.
- Fold in vanilla and almond extract then gently fold in flaked coconut. If over mixed egg mixture will break and fall.
- Then scoop tablespoon size macaroons onto baking sheet, leave each macaroon about 1 inch apart.
- Bake until tops are pale golden about 15 to 20 minutes.
Number of servings: 12
Serving Size: 1 each/ 1 tablespoon
Fat Grams: 3.5