Healthy Recipe: BRUSSEL SPROUT CASSEROLE
Tender, sweet and just a little nutty, Brussels sprouts add a delightful crunch to many healthy recipes. ENJOY!
8 cups Brussel sprouts, halved
2 cups Cream of mushroom soup (Healthy Request) or
H3 Cream sauce
1 cup Skim milk
½ tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Onion powder
1 cup Brown rice, cooked (optional)
½ cup 2% Sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup Panko crumbs (Japanese bread crumbs)
2 T. Parsley, fresh, washed, chopped fine
1 T. Butter, unsalted
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Place all cut vegetables in mixing bowl.
- In smaller sauce pan, warm H3 cream sauce or healthy request soup, and add skim milk or soy milk.
- Warm sauce until hot, and season with salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Lightly spray a 9×9 casserole dish with pan spray.
- Then add cut brussel sprouts to casserole dish. If adding rice add now with the brussel sprouts.
- Pour “cream” mixture over vegetables.
- Wrap casserole dish with plastic wrap and foil, and bake for about 20 minutes.
- In another bowl, melt butter and mix with panko crumbs, and fresh chopped parsley.
- After casserole has cooked for 20 minutes, unwrap and sprinkle on 2% sharp cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle panko mixture over the top of casserole for an added crunch and color
- Bake in oven for about 10 to 15 minutes or until panko crust is golden brown.
Number of servings: 9
Serving size: 1/9 of pan
Calories: 80 calories do not include rice
Fat grams: 3