Healthy New Year’s Eve Recipe: Champagne Sorbet
3 cups Champagne
1 cup Sugar
1 Tablespoon Corn Syrup
1 ½ cups Grapefruit juice
¼ cup Lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- Plan ahead and freeze an ice cream bowl the night or day before making your sorbet.
- Put champagne, sugar, corn syrup and zest into a saucepan.
- Bring to a vigorous boil to dissolve sugar.
- Then mix in grapefruit and lemon juice.
- Chill completely.
- Once completely cool, which should take about 2 hours in the refrigerator, place in an ice cream freezer bowl and turn until thick and semi frozen.
- Place the sorbet in a metal bowl or pan and let freeze for at least 4 hours before eating.
- Use a one ounce scoop for each serving and garnish with lemon or grapefruit peel.
Serving Size: 1 ounce
Calories: 46 calories
Fiber: < 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 4 grams