Healthy 4th of July Recipes
The smell of barbecue and fireworks is in the air! Summer is officially here and July 4th is right around the corner. Surprise your family and friends with a delicious, healthy recipe from our H3 Healthy Kitchen Executive Chef Karla for the holiday. Try the Stout Brownies, Loaded Baked Potato Salad or one of our other favorites!
3/4 cup Flour
1/3 cup Cocoa powder, unsweetened
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 cup Semi-sweet mini baking morsels
2 T Butter, unsalted, melted
2 T Yogurt, Greek plain fat-free
1 cup Sugar
2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
1 each Egg
1 cup Dark beer (Guinness)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium bowl, combine: flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, and cocoa powder.
- Then mix egg, vanilla, yogurt, beer, and melted butter.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Then place mix in bottom of lightly greased 9×13 pan.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or just until the brownie slightly puffs up and a toothpick inserted comes out sticky.
Serving Size: 1/12
Fat: 3.5 grams
We’ve planned an awesome day of healthy Independence Day activities with our Guests, including fireworks, kayaking and Healthy Kitchen events. What healthy events do you have planned with your friends and family?