H3 Recipe: Squash Quesadillas
2 cups Zucchini, grated
1/4 cup Red onion, minced
1 tablespoon Parsley, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon Cumin, ground
1 teaspoon Tabasco
1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese
1 Each Whole wheat flour tortilla
- In a food processor grate zucchini.
- Place red onions and parsley into the food processor to mince.
- Pour zucchini, onions and parsley into a strainer allowing the excess liquid to drain.
- Once drained, pour mixture into a bowl, add cumin, Tabasco and cheese—combine well.
- Lightly spray one side of the flour tortilla and place oiled side down onto a medium hot skillet.
- Spread 1 cup of zucchini mixture onto 1/2 of the tortilla and fold the other half of the tortilla over the zucchini mixture.
- Cook tortilla on the first side until it is golden brown then flip to the other side and cook until it has also browned.
- When finished browning, place quesadilla on a cutting board and cut into 4 wedges.
*Chef’s Note: Serve with 1/4 cup black bean salsa, 1/2 cup Mexican slaw, or salsa. You may also add your protein of choice, such as chicken or shrimp, but this will slightly change the nutrition information. (Shrimp Quesadilla pictured) Enjoy!
Yield: 2 servings
Fat: 3 grams