H3 Recipe: Seared Tuna in Santa Fe Marinade
1 cup Lime juice, fresh or concentrate
4 cups Chicken stock or vegetable stock
1/2 cup Cilantro, fresh, chopped
1 Tablespoon Garlic, fresh, minced
1 Tablespoon Cracked black pepper
2 – 4 ounce Tuna fillets Or any other type of fish
1 teaspoon Olive oil
Pinch Salt and pepper
- Marinate tuna in Santa Fe Marinade for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Preheat saute pan to medium high heat.
- Add olive oil
- Season tuna filets
- Sear each tuna filet on hot saute pan for about 4 minutes, Do not touch the tuna for at least 2 minutes while it’s cooking!
- Then place the pan in the oven. If cooking ahead, simply sear each side and when ready, finish cooking in the oven and follow remaining directions.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite sauce or the Peanut ginger sesame sauce.
Number of servings: 2
Serving size: 1- 4 ounce fillet
Fat grams: 7 grams