Healthy Recipes: Pan Seared Tuna with Avocado Salsa
2 Tablespoons Avocado, cubed
1 Tablespoon Roma tomato, chopped
1 Tablespoon Red onion, diced
1 teaspoon Cilantro, chopped
1 teaspoon Lime juice
1/4 teaspoon Salt
To taste Pepper
- In a medium bowl mix together the avocado, tomato, onion, and cilantro until well mixed.
- Season with lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
Number of Servings: 1
Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Fat Grams: 3
Pan Seared Tuna (or Salmon)
2, 4 ounce Tuna fillets Or any other type of fish
1 teaspoon Olive oil
Pinch Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Preheat sauté pan to medium high heat.
- Add olive oil.
- Season salmon filets with salt and pepper.
- Sear each salmon filet on hot sauté pan for about 4 minutes; do not touch the salmon for at least 2 minutes while it’s cooking! (If cooking ahead, simply sear each side and then finish cooking in the oven and follow remaining directions.)
- Then place the pan in the oven.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite sauce like our Avocado Salsa.
Number of Servings: 2
Serving Size: 4 ounces
Fat Grams: 7