H3 Recipe: Chicken and Vegetable Kebabs
1 cup Lemon juice
½ cup Olive oil
1 cup Soy sauce, low sodium
3 Tablespoon Oregano, dried
6 Garlic cloves, minced
1 Yellow onion, cut into large squares for skewers
1 Green pepper, cut into large squares for skewers
18 Crimini mushrooms, stem removed
6 Chicken breasts, cleaned, trimmed, cut into four strips
6- 8 inch wooden skewers, soaked in water overnight
- In medium sized bowl, mix lemon juice, olive oil, soy sauce, oregano and garlic.
- Skewer four pieces of chicken breast, keeping two pieces each, of onion, mushroom and green peppers between each strip of chicken on the skewers.
- Place skewers in a single layer in 2 inch pans and drizzle marinade over skewers. Do not stack meat deep or marinade will not reach the top layer.
- Marinate overnight.
- Grill mark skewers before service, finish in 350 degree oven, uncovered for 10 minutes. Be very careful not to overcook chicken, should be juicy and tender.
- Pour remaining marinade from the meat into a medium pot, add 4 cups fresh chicken stock and boil to reduce.
- Strain chicken broth mixture through cheese cloth and thicken with corn starch slurry. Adjust taste with more lemon etc.
- Serve 2 ounces of sauce over each skewer after plating
Serving Size: 1 skewer/ person