H3 Recipe: Carrot Soup
1 teaspoon Olive Oil
2 cups Carrots, peeled, and diced
2 cups Onion, diced
1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Thyme, dried
1/2 teaspoon Crushed red pepper flakes
3 cups Water
1/2 cup Skim milk
1/4 cup Orange juice concentrate
1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Heat olive oil in pot.
- Sautee the carrots, onions and garlic cloves in the pan; stir often.
- Add the thyme and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Once the onions are mostly translucent, add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until the carrots can be mashed easily with a fork.
- Cool slightly, and transfer to a blender. Add the skim-milk, orange juice concentrate and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy. Serve warm.
Number of Servings: 8-10
Serving Size: ½ cup
Fat: 1.5 grams