H3 Potato Latkes
As the holiday season approaches, the H3 Healthy Kitchen is committed to making new recipes that allow you to eat your favorite holiday foods while still following a healthy lifestyle. The holidays are easily one of the hardest times of the year to stay healthy, but we believe in you! With a little help from some healthy holiday recipes and commitment, you can stay on track!
Try this potato latke recipe! These latkes are so easy to make in advance and reheat/recrisp in the oven, and that means that they can be an especially schedule-forgiving addition to your holiday table.
1 Large Russet potato, with skin
3 Tbsp Egg substitute
3 Tbsp All purpose flour
¼ cup Yellow onion
¼ tsp Kosher salt
½ Tbsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Thyme, fresh
¼ tsp Black pepper, ground
12 servings Applesauce
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a medium bowl, combine: egg substitute, flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and thyme. Set this mixture aside.
- Grate the potatoes and onions, be sure to strain the excess water. Add the strained potatoes and onions to the egg mixture bowl and combine.
- Take 2 tablespoons of potato mixture and form 15 cakes.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium/medium high heat.
- Sear cakes in pan for 2 minutes on each side then transfer to a baking dish.
- Transfer baking dish to preheated oven and cook for 10 minutes or until latkes are heated through.
- Serve with applesauce.
Serving Size: 1 Latke
Calories: 50 kcal
Fat: 0.5 gram
We hope that you enjoy this healthy holiday recipe! Enjoy the holiday season!