H3 Healthy Loaded Baked Potato Salad
We love to use inspiration from our own favorite recipes to create our H3 Healthy Kitchen recipes. By manipulating the ingredients and adding healthy alternatives, any recipe can become a delicious, healthy recipe. Even something seemingly unhealthy, can be made into something diet friendly! This H3 Loaded Baked Potato Salad is one of Chef Karla’s is a staple for any summer cook-out. It’s the perfect salad to accent any summer meal.
1 pound Idaho potatoes, quartered
3 Tablespoons Turkey bacon, cooked
4 ounces Reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
¼ cup Green onion, minced
1 teaspoon Salt
4 ounces H3 Sour Cream
½ cup Reduced-fat pureed cottage cheese
¼ tablespoon Lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add potatoes, allow potatoes to cook until fork tender for about 10 minutes.
- Remove cooked potatoes from water and transfer into a large bowl. Allow the potatoes to cool in refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Prepare the H3 sour cream by combining cottage cheese and lemon juice into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine H3 sour cream, green onion, salt and cheese.
- Once the potatoes have cooled toss them in the sour cream mixture.
- Keep cold and serve!
Serving Size: ½ cup
Fat: 5 grams