H3 Halloween Chocolate Whoopie Pie by Carrie Adams
With Halloween coming up next week, we’re getting into celebration mode here in the H3 Healthy Kitchen. Today, we’ve dressed up one of our favorite sweet treats in honor of Halloween, the Chocolate Whoopie Pie. Enjoy this festive and healthy alternative with your family instead of all the highly processed, sugary candies and chocolates this Halloween.
1 1/2 cup All purpose flour
1/3 cup Cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon Baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
3/4 cup Fat-free buttermilk
3/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1/3 cup 1% Cottage Cheese, pureed
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 each Egg
16 ounces Fat-Free Whipped Topping (Cool-whip)
4 drops Orange food Coloring
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a cookie sheet with pan spray.
- Combine dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl then mix.
- Combine wet ingredients: buttermilk, vanilla extract, brown sugar, cottage cheese and egg. Mix well.
- Slowly add the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Allowing the dry mixture to just absorb the wet mixture. (Do not over mix.)
- Once the mixture has combined (some clumps are fine) scoop 1/2 ounce of mixture onto the greased cookie sheet.
- Bake whoopie pies at 375 degrees for 11 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- For the filling: Gently fold in the coloring with the whip topping. Stuff each whoopie pie with 1 ounce of filling. Enjoy!
Fat grams: 1.5