Spiced Chocolate Dipped Apples
by H3 Healthy Kitchen Assistant Chef Carrie Adams
Today’s Healthy Kitchen recipe is the perfect fall treat for anyone with a sweet tooth looking for a healthier alternative. Our Spiced Chocolate Dipped Apples a twist on one our fall favorites, the caramel apple. The spiced chocolate adds an extra layer of flavors when you bite into the sweet, tart crunch of a yummy Granny Smith. Plus, it’s super simple and can created as a last minute healthy snack.
2 each Apples
½ cup Chocolate chips
¼ teaspoon Cloves, ground
¼ teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
¼ teaspoon Salt
16 each Wooden skewers
- Cut each apple into eighths and skewer each slice onto a wooden skewer.
- To create a double boiler. Fill a sauce pot about half-way up with water. Bring to a boil.
- In a large stainless steel bowl, add: chocolate chips, cloves, cinnamon and salt.
- Place the bowl over the boiling water. *The water should not touch the bowl.*
- Stir chocolate constantly until melted.
- Dip skewered apples into the chocolate mixture.
- Place dipped apples onto a sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- Store in refrigerator until chocolate solidifies.
- Enjoy your chocolate dipped, spiced treat!
Serving size: ½ of an apple
Fat: 8 grams