Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki
by Healthy Kitchen Assistant Chef Carrie Adams
Here in the Healthy Kitchen, we LOVE our crockpot recipes! It’s such an easy way to create delicious meals without standing over a stove for hours at a time. Our Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki is a favorite for Guests that love ordering takeout. You get all the flavor without the excess calories and sodium overload.
8 (4 ounce) breast Chicken breast, boneless and skinless
2 cloves Garlic, minced
½ cup Onion, minced
1/3 cup Honey
½ cup Low sodium soy sauce
¼ cup Rice wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon Ginger, fresh, minced
1/8 teaspoon Black pepper, ground
½ teaspoon Crushed red pepper flakes
4 cups Broccoli, florets
2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
2 Tablespoons Water, cold
- Cut chicken breasts into strips and line the bottom of the slow cooker in a single layer, dust cornstarch on top.
- In a bowl, whisk together garlic, onion, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, black pepper and crushed red pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and combine.
- Cook on high for 2 ½ hours.
- Stir in broccoli florets and cook for another 15 minutes on high, or cook until broccoli is tender and bright green.
- Serve the Chicken Teriyaki as is or over brown rice, enjoy!
Serving Size: 4 ounces of chicken + ½ cup broccoli
Fat: 3 grams