12 Days of Christmas Recipe Countdown: Cranberry Orange Scones
2 ¼ cup Whole wheat flour
¾ cup White flour
1/3 cup Sugar
2 teaspoon Baking powder
½ teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Baking Soda
½ cup Butter
2 each Eggs
1 cup Milk, skim
1 cup Cranberries, dried
1 Tablespoon Orange peel zest
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda into large bowl.
- Mix in orange peel.
- Add butter and rub in with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Mix in dried cranberries.
- Gradually add skim milk, tossing with fork until moist clumps form.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured work surface.
- Knead briefly to bind dough, about 4 turns.
- Form dough into 1-inch-thick round.
- Cut into 12 wedges.
- Transfer wedges to prepared baking sheet spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake until tops of scones are golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove scones from oven and let stand on baking sheet 10 minutes.
- Serve scones warm or at room temperature.
Number of Servings: 12
Serving Size: 1 each about ¼ cup
Fat grams: 4