Health and Fitness Apps Worth Downloading
I don’t know about you, but I am starting to get a little overwhelmed with the amount of apps we can download for our smart phones. From games to healthy recipe apps to fitness apps, there are just so many to chose from! With that being said, there are few mentioned below that I find very helpful for those looking to better their health, wellness and fitness.
- Figwee Portion Explorer ($1.99)
- You name any food and this app will show you the realistic and ideal portion for that particular food. For example, if you were to type in apricots you’d have the choice of various apricot items (e.g., dried, fresh, in syrup). From there, simply click and an actual picture of the food will show up. Talk about managing portions through actual visuals! Amazing! Great healthy recipe app!
- MyFitnessPal (Free)
- This app has a huge database of foods as well as making it easy to log physical activity. Keeping track of your meals, snacks, beverages and exercise can be extremely helpful for those that want extra accountability, as well as recognizing certain daily or weekly patterns. This is hands down my favorite fitness app.
- TED (Free)
- Need a motivational talk? Trying to find what to listen to on a thermal walk? Download the TED app so you can listen to wonderful TED talks. If you haven’t heard of a TED talk then I would highly recommend watching Hilton Head Health’s TED talk—check it out: Hilton Head Health TED Event.
- Paprika Recipe Manager ($4.99)
- This app is great for creating weekly meal plans and managing recipes found on the internet. Yes, it is almost too good to be true. For example, I found a smoothie that I really wanted to try on a particular website. I downloaded the recipe (using the app) then added it to my “Sunday- Breakfast.” Simple to use and the added bonus is that it helps you create a grocery list! Awesome!
- Helium Video Booth Lite (Free)
- At Hilton Head Health, we stress the importance of relieving stress and a having a mind/body connection. This app is perfect for stress relief! It will completely feed your soul with laughter. Download this app and you will understand. Once downloaded, practice on an employee that has a good sense of humor. 😉
We hope that you enjoy these great healthy recipe apps, fitness apps and health apps! Which one of these is your favorite?