H3 Recipe: Sesame Chicken
4 (4oz.) Boneless, skinless, trimmed chicken breast, cut into large pieces
½ cup Cornstarch
¼ cup Flour
Pinch Sea salt
½ cup Egg beaters
½ cup Honey
½ cup Soy sauce, low sodium
1 cup Water
2 teaspoons Ground ginger
1 teaspoon Red pepper flakes
2 Tablespoons White sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick pan spray.
- In medium size bowl, place cornstarch, flour, and salt together.
- In another bowl, add egg beaters.
- Dip chicken breast pieces in egg beaters then in breading mixture.
- Place on baking sheet pan, and bake for about 10 minutes or until they have reached an internal temperature of at least 160 degrees and then let sit until carry over cooking brings them to 165 degrees.
- For the sauce, place all the ingredients in medium sized sauce pan.
- Simmer and reduce sauce by ½ .
- If sauce is still thin, make a cornstarch slurry (cornstarch and cold water)
- ¼ cup cornstarch and ¼ cup cold water or until slurry is formed.
- Make sure to slowly whisk in slurry and only add as much as you need. Add small amounts at a time and make sure sauce is lightly boiling. This activates the cornstarch to thicken.
- Drizzle sauce over roasted, grilled, or baked chicken breast.
Number of servings: 4
Serving size: 1 breast or 4 strips with 1 oz. sauce