H3 Recipe: Cilantro-Lime Grilled Chicken Skewers and Coconut Rice
4 4oz. Chicken breasts, each breast cut into 6 pc.
1/2 Fresh pineapple, large chunks
16 Wooden skewers, soaked in water
1 Cup Chicken Stock
4 Fresh limes juice and zest
1/4 Cup Fresh chopped cilantro
1 Tsp. Minced garlic
1 Tbl. Extra virgin olive oil
1/2 Tsp. Crushed red pepper
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp. Ground pepper
- Combine first 7 ingredients for the marinade, reserve.
- Prepare chicken and pineapple, skewer alternating chicken and pineapple.
- Lay skewers in a single layer cover with marinade wrap and chill, allow marinading for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Remove skewers from marinade, grill skewers.
Number of Servings: 4
1/2 Cup Short grain brown rice
1/3 Cup Light coconut milk
1 Cup water
1/4 Tsp. Coconut milk
1/2 Tsp. Ground pepper
- Add all ingredients to a pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover pot.
- Cook until all of the liquid is absorbed and rice is light and fluffy.
Number of Servings: 3
Serving Size: 1/4 cup