H3 Recipe: POTATO, LEEK, MUSHROOM AND GRUYERE GRATIN
3 each Idaho potatoes, sliced thin (on mandolin or in food processor)
1 cup Leeks, washed and julienne
2 cups Mushrooms, sliced
1 Tablespoon Garlic, minced
1 cup Skim milk
1 cup Chicken stock or broth
¼ cup White wine, dry like Chardonnay
½ cup Gruyere, shredded
½ teaspoon Sea salt
1 teaspoon Onion powder
2 Tablespoon Thyme, fresh, chopped
¼ teaspoon Black pepper, ground
4 Tablespoon All-purpose flour
2 Tablespoon Parsley, chopped (as garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In medium sized bowl, mix finely sliced potatoes, with salt, onion powder, thyme, pepper, and flour.
- Preheat medium sauté pan, and spray lightly with pan spray.
- Sauté leeks, mushrooms and then garlic, until tender.
- Prepare baking dish, lightly spray with non-stick pan spray.
- In large measuring cup, mix stock, skim milk and white wine.
- Place half of the potatoes in bottom of pan.
- Then place ½ of the sautéed vegetable mixture in the pan.
- Then drizzle half the milk mixture over the first layer.
- Next layer with half the amount of cheese, and repeat the above.
- Cover baking dish with plastic wrap and then top with aluminum foil- the plastic wrap will not melt as long as it is fully covered with aluminum foil.
- Bake in oven for about 30-40 minutes, or until fork tender, then pull out and uncover.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes to brown the top of the potato dish.
- Garnish with freshly chopped flat Italian parsley.
Number of Servings: 8
Serving Size: about ½ cup
Fat grams: 3