H3 Recipe: Breaded Buffalo Chicken Tenders
This recipe comes from my ‘Super Bowl Snack’ demo! A great healthy alternative to your favorite game-day appetizer. Sure to score major points with your football-loving friends and family.
4 (4 oz.) Chicken breast, boneless, skinless, trimmed and defatted, cut into strips or chicken tenderloins
¾ cup Corn starch
¾ cup Egg whites, or egg beaters
¾ cup Whole wheat flour
½ tsp. Onion powder
½ tsp. Salt
¼ tsp. Garlic powder
2 cups Frank’s red hot sauce, or your favorite hot sauce
4 stalks Celery, cleaned, trimmed, cut into sticks (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Spray baking sheet lightly with pan spray.
- Prepare chicken breasts, or tenders, as directed above.
- In three separate bowls (medium size), place corn starch, egg beaters, and wheat flour in each of their own bowls.
- Season the wheat flour with the onion powder, salt, and garlic powder.
- Dip the chicken tenders in the corn starch first, shake off excess.
- Next, dip corn starch breaded chicken tenders in the egg beaters.
- Finally, dip the corn and egg beater breaded chicken tenders in the whole wheat seasoned flour and shake off excess flour.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for about 12-15 minutes.
- Then warm hot sauce in sauté pan or microwave.
- Toss fully cooked breaded chicken tenders in the hot sauce and toss until evenly coated with sauce.
- Serve with H3 Ranch or Bleu cheese (see below) dressing and a few celery sticks.
Chef’s Note: These chicken tenders can be tossed with sweet and sour sauce, bang bang sauce or even barbeque sauce.
Number of Servings: 4
Serving Size: 4 tenders
Easy Bleu Cheese Dressing
3/4 cup Fat-free buttermilk
1/4 cup Sour cream, fat-free
1/4 cup Light mayonnaise
1 tsp Worcestershire
1/4 cup Bleu cheese crumbles
To taste Cracked black pepper
- In a food processor combine all ingredients and pulse until semi smooth.
- Pour into air tight container and enjoy!
Number of servings: 24
Serving size: 1 Tablespoon
Fat grams: 1.4