Super Circuit is designed to keep your heart rate up while alternating aerobic stations with resistance training stations—2 minutes at each station. It’s a great way to set up a fun workout in your home!
Examples of Aerobic (Cardiovascular) stations
- March in Place
- Jog in Place
- Jumping Jacks (Low impact—step out one side at time, return to center, switch sides)
- Jump Rope
- Wall Squats with Fitball (Make sure your weight is back so that your knees stay over your ankles—not over your toes)
- Lunges (Standing or walking lunges)
- Freestyle Step (Using the step, do whatever you want—kicks, knee up, steps, etc.)
- Kicks (4 to the front, 4 to the back)
- Figure 8’s (make figure 8’s holding a Fitball or Medicine ball)
- V-Step (Starting with feet together, step forward and out with your right foot, forward and out with your left foot, then step back together—in a “V” pattern)
Examples of Resistance Training stations
- Wall push-ups
- Standing in front of a wall, with hands on the wall about chest height, bend arms, bringing your head and chest towards the wall and return to starting positions.
- Calf Raises
- On the ground, or hanging your heels off a step, raise up on your toes and lower to starting position.
- Lying on your back with knees bent, lift shoulder blades off the floor and lower back to start position.
- Back Squeezes
- Holding a dynaband in both hands with arms extended in front, shoulder height, squeeze shoulder blades together as you pull the band toward your chest.
- Bicep curls (with dynaband or free weight)
- Keeping elbows close to your side and stable, curl arm up towards the shoulder and lower to start position.
- Tricep kickbacks
- Holding a dumbbell, bend at the waist with a flat back. Bringing elbows up high, start with your arms bent and extend the weight up moving only your forearms (elbow is stable and acts as a hinge).
- Low Back Hyperextension
- Lying on your stomach, slowly lift arms, legs and head off the floor and slowly lower to start position.
- Side Bends
- Holding one weight at your side, bend from the waist to the side with the weight, keeping the hips straight and still. Rise up to center and repeat. Repeat on opposite side after one set.