In the H3 Healthy Kitchen, we turn healthy ingredients into delicious meals for our Guests during their wellness program and weight loss program stays. We also stress the importance of learning how to make these healthy recipes at home, which is why we also make them quick and easy. This H3 Vegetable Stir Fry is the perfect marriage of healthy, delicious and easy! Though stir fry’s found in many restaurants can often be laden with unnecessary fats and sodiums, this healthy vegetable stir fry recipe is perfect for anyone trying to reach their weight loss goals and live a healthy lifestyle while still being flavorful and delicious!
1 ½ cups Brown Rice, long grain, uncooked
3 cups Stock, chicken or vegetable
1 cups Carrots, halved, cut on bias
2 cups Broccoli florets
1 cup Bean sprouts
1 cup Celery
1 cup Straw mushrooms
1 cup Bell peppers, (red and yellow) julienne
1 cup Yellow onions, julienne
1cup Water chestnuts
½ cup Soy Beans
1 cup Egg Beaters
½ cup Cashews, unsalted or lightly salted, pieces or chopped
¼ cup Low sodium soy sauce
2 T. Garlic, fresh, minced
2 T. Ginger, fresh, minced
1 T. Sesame oil
Pinch Sea Salt
3 each Wontons, halved (triangle) baked- garnish
1 head Red cabbage leaves, garnish for base of stir fry
2 each Green Onion frills – for garnish or chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook brown rice with chicken or vegetable stock in a large sauce pot.
- Bake wonton triangles until golden brown- then cool and set aside for serving.
- Preheat a large sauté pan.
- Add Sesame oil to the sauté pan.
- Sauté garlic, ginger, onions, celery and peppers, first.
- Once tender, add broccoli, mushrooms, water chestnuts and bean sprouts.
- Add low sodium soy sauce to the vegetables, as they cook.
- Cook until al dente- slight crunch. Then set aside and keep hot.
- On the side, scramble egg beaters in separate sauté pan. Make sure to scramble egg beaters well, so that there are small pieces of egg.
- When all components of stir fry are finished, combine all ingredients together in large warmed bowl and then add the sea salt.
- Taste stir fry for overall flavor.
- Drizzle sweet soy sauce glaze over each dish for extra stir fry flavor.
Number of Servings: 6
Serving Size: 2 ¼ cups = ¾ c rice & 1 ½ c veg
We hope that you enjoy this healthy vegetable stir fry recipe! What’s your favorite vegetable dish?