Meyer’s and Peach Topping
4 Peaches, very ripe, sliced medium thickness
2 Tablespoons Brown sugar
3 Tablespoons Meyer’s rum
½ teaspoon Cinnamon
2 Tablespoons Pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat sauté pan on medium heat.
- Add sliced peaches and brown sugar
- Once peaches and brown sugar heat and sugar dissolves, add the rum and cinnamon
- Let the rum reduce and stir occasionally.
- Serve warm over low fat ice cream, whole wheat pancakes or French toast.
- Pecans if wanted can be added at the very end.
Chef’s Note: If more liquid is needed, add 1 cup of apple or pineapple juice. If more calories are available for your breakfast you can add 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter to the recipe. You would add the butter at the beginning to sauté your peaches. Another option would be to add ¼ cup of sugar free maple syrup instead.
Number of Servings: 6
Serving Size: 1/3 cup
Fat Grams: 1 (with the pecans)
4 slices Whole wheat bread
1/2 cup Egg beaters
1 teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
1/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Combine egg beaters, cinnamon and vanilla extract into a medium-sized bowl.
- Heat a non stick skillet or griddle and spray with canola oil. Dip each slice of bread into the batter
- Place battered slices on skillet or griddle. Lightly brown on each side.
- Serve 1 slice with Meyer’s Peach Topping.
Number of Servings: 4
Serving Size: 1 slice
Calories: 55 (Peach topping not included)
Fat grams: 2